Sports Massage Therapy
The Athlete’s Secret to Maintaining Body and Mind Pre, Mid, and Post-Event
As athletes, we put our bodies through a tremendous amount of physical and mental stress. While rigorous training is necessary to prepare for the next big game or race, the consequences of tightened muscles, spams and stiffness are counteractive. Sports massage therapy has the specific goal of enhancing athletic performance by stimulating, aligning and stretching deep muscle fibres.
The effects have an overwhelming number of physical, physiological and psychological benefits for sportsmen and women and sports massage should be an integral part of your fitness regimen.
Key Benefits of Sports Massage
When it comes to gaining a mental edge for race preparation, training effectively, improving performance, preventing injury, and reducing recovery – sports massage will give you the upper hand.
- Reduce and prevent DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness)
- Aids recovery and reduces injury potential
- Breaks down fibrous adhesions (knots and nodules)
- Increases range of motion
- Warms-up major muscles and improves tissue pliability pre-event
- Reduces muscle fatigue, swelling and tension
- Improves circulation, oxygen uptake and cellular metabolism in muscle fibres
- Restores length and flexibility in tight, contracted muscles
- Lowers heart rate and blood pressure
- Releases endorphins and creates a positive state of mind
- Aids sleep quality
- Helps stress and anxiety management
- Improves immune system function and boost overall health
- Clears your mind and improves focus
- Releases lactic acid build-up and flushes toxins from congested, tired muscles
How often should you get a Sports Massage?
There’s no better time for the serious sportsperson to adopt message therapy into their training and recovery programme than right away. The results are accumulative, and so regular sessions will produce greater benefits.
How does Sports Massage work?
Sports massage is a vigorous and deep muscle therapy that is used to prepare the body for athletic activity, maintain optimal condition, enhance recovery, and prevent injury.
Techniques such as deep tissue massage, myofascial release, trigger point release, mobilisation and stretch therapy are applied with proficient anatomical and biomechanical knowledge.
It’s no secret that coaches, doctors and trainers consider sports massage a vital component of Olympian’s and elite athlete’s training programmes.
This deep tissue conditioning realigns muscles fibres, improving function and blood circulation – So your muscles get all the oxygen and nutrients they need to recoup and work harder.
Find out more...
Avoid DOMS, rejuvenate and maintain relaxed muscles, feel calm gain clear focus before, during and after events.
Add sports massage to your athletic care arsenal.