Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehab (FAKTR)
Move Better, Faster and Speed Up Recovery
FAKTR enables rapid treatment of musculoskeletal and fascial conditions - FAKTR (pronounced factor) is a concept that incorporates functional rehabilitation using various manual and instrument-assisted soft tissue techniques through provocation and movement.
Over the past decade of FAKTR’s existence, patients and athletes have seen improvements to range of motion and reduced pain from their first treatment.
Think of it as going to the going into the offending position or motion that is causing pain and hitting reset at that exact point. The concept was developed by two clinicians, Dr Thomas Hyde and Dr Greg Doerr, who have over 20 years of combined experience with chiropractic, rehabilitation and soft tissue manipulation.
What Is FAKTR and How Does It Work?
FAKTR combines various chiropractic rehabilitation therapies to evaluate and treat soft-tissue conditions.
You will be evaluated in a position of provocation (which may hurt or re-enact the injury).
You’re then treated in this position (or motion) to remodel your soft-tissue and reset the firing process of your muscles.
The key benefits of FAKTR
FAKTR is a fast yet effective treatment for common musculoskeletal disorders and complicated injuries:
- Speed up the recovery process
- Reduce chronic and acute pain
- Ideal for post-operative rehabilitation
- Reduce swelling and inflammation (and the need for medication)
- Restore muscle tone
When should you consider FAKTR?
The FAKTR concept can be applied to all ages and body types and is especially effective for athletes.
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions
- Post-surgical recovery Sports injuries
- Ligament Sprains and Shin splints
- Ruptured tendons and tendonitis
- Muscle strains, spasms, tightness or petite muscles
- Fascial restrictions (such as ITB syndrome or plantar fasciitis)
- Myofascial pain